We Support Our Youth
Trans Ova Genetics supports various youth associations and activities as a way to show our commitment to livestock youth and to illustrate our efforts to help them achieve their goals.
Trans Ova Genetics also offers a total of 10 scholarships, 6 of which have been created through Trans Ova Genetics’ own Youth Scholarship Program.
Trans Ova Genetics Youth Scholarship Program
Are you a livestock - enthusiast planning on attending college? Consider applying for a Trans Ova Genetics Youth Scholarship. We know it is not easy to finance a college education, and we know many students can use help achieving their educational goals. Our scholarship program is designed to encourage youth involved in the livestock industry to make a commitment to higher education and agriculture. The program offers six scholarships with a value of $1,500 per scholarship.
What is Trans Ova Genetics’ Youth Scholarship Program?
Trans Ova Genetics started the Youth Scholarship Program in 2012, as a way to show our commitment to livestock youth and to illustrate our efforts to help them earn financial support
Trans Ova Genetics will be awarding six $1,500 scholarships. Three of these will be presented to beef candidates, and three will be presented to those involved in the dairy industry.
What are the requirements?
- The scholarships are open to high school seniors and college students in their first or second year of undergraduate study.
- Students are not required to be studying in an agriculture field, but candidates are asked to show active involvement or future intent of involvement in the beef and/or dairy industries.
- Along with submitting an application, students will be asked to write an essay between 750 and 1,000 words based on one question chosen by the scholarship committee.
- (Questions will be changed each year.) All entry essays submitted may be used in Trans Ova Genetics’ promotional material in the future.
How will the applications be judged?
- A panel will be asked to judge the applications and essays. Finalists will be contacted via e-mail to schedule an interview via media resources, such as Skype, or a phone interview. The panel will consist of internal Trans Ova Genetics’ employees as well as outside industry leaders. Applications will be judged using a scoring system.
When are applications due -- and when will the winners names be announced?
- Applications are due March 1, 2015 and the six winners will be announced on April 1, 2015.
Where can I apply?
- Click this link to provide an online application.
Applications can also be mailed to:
1475 S 500 W
Liberty Center, IN 46766
- Letters of recommendation can be submitted using the online application, or can be sent directly to email@example.com; or mailed to:
1475 S 500 W
Liberty Center, IN 46766
How will the scholarships be awarded?
- Scholarships will be provided to the proper school/institution upon proof of enrollment.
Am I allowed to re-apply in the future?
- Past winners of the Trans Ova Genetics Scholarship program are not eligible for the scholarship. Those who are not awarded a Trans Ova Genetics’ Scholarship are encouraged to re-apply.
What if I have more questions?
Contact Sara Kober, marketing specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 260-273-6275 or 1-800-999-3586.
Other Scholarship Opportunities
In addition to applying for scholarships offered directly by Trans Ova Genetics, Students are also encouraged to apply for scholarships provided through other sources.
- The Trans Ova Genetics Agriculture Scholarship Agreement
– Dordt College, Sioux Center, Iowa
- Iowa Junior Beef Breeds Association Scholarship
- Embryos on Snow “La Prix” Scholarship
- Trans Ova Genetics Iowa 4-H Foundation scholarship